Now taking applications for the following positions
Office help position – Posted 11/28/18
Chief River Nursery is seeking an individual with a friendly and professional attitude to become part of our office staff in Grafton. Our 45-year-old company is an eCommerce and mail order nursery which sells and ships tree and shrub seedlings and planting products. We continue to grow rapidly due to our great nursery stock and outstanding customer service.
We are seeking an individual to assist in our office with a primary focus on clerical work, and a secondary focus on customer service duties. This is a long term seasonal position with hours each year between October and May. We are seeking someone who intends to keep their next job for the next 5+ years. The hours for this job will be during the daytime, and hours worked will always be sometime between 8AM and 5:30PM.
Job responsibilities include:
- Entry of customer orders which are received at our office via mail
- Labeling and mailing catalogs and brochures
- Printing and filing packing slips
- Scheduling customer pick up times
- Communicating with customers via email using a team email inbox
- Answering questions and assisting customers to complete orders by telephone
- Running occasional errands to post office, office supply store, etc.
- Speedy and accurate typing skills are a must
- Must have prior working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel (experience in Google Docs and Google Sheets is helpful but not required)
- Strong communication, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills are important
- Ability to quickly learn and use various software and web based programs
- Ability to use various resources to find information and relay it back to our customers
- Must be punctual, reliable and able to multi-task during our peak season
- Must be willing to work a handful of Saturday shifts during our peak shipping season between April 1st and early May
Spring Packaging & Shipping Crew (yearly positions with work available between mid-March and mid-May)
Each year, Chief River Nursery hires on 15-20 people to help us pick, pack and ship orders of seedlings to our customers. Some previous employees come back to help again and the rest we hire on.
This year, our shipping season will kick off in late March with the unloading of seedlings from incoming refrigerated semis. After the nursery stock is unloaded, it is organized by species into our cold storage warehouses. Over the course of 5 to 8 weeks, we pick, pack and ship a high volume of seedlings to our customers. These customers range from homeowners needing a handful of trees, to U.S. Forest Service ranger districts purchasing 20,000+ seedlings. Most of our shipments go out by FedEx, but some orders are shipped by freight as well as our own courier service.
The work atmosphere at our nursery is easy going, friendly and flexible. We have weekday and Saturday shifts available, and will open up evening shifts if needed. Additional information on the positions and shifts available can be found throughout the application. If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete an application and return it to us by email at [email protected], by fax to 866-226-5204 or by mail to Chief River Nursery, 976 Ulao Road, Grafton, WI 53024.
Once completed, the application can be returned to us in one of the following ways:
Email: [email protected]
U.S. Mail: Chief River Nursery, 976 Ulao Road, Grafton, WI 53024
In person: Bring the completed application to the above mailing address. If for some reason no one is available, or you choose to drop off your application after regular business hours, please drop it into the square black mailbox on the street marked 976 Ulao Road First Floor. Please make sure everything drops down into the mail holding compartment. A follow up email or phone call to 262-377-5330, letting us know you have dropped off an application, is always appreciated.
Thank you for your interest in working for Chief River Nursery. We look forward to receiving your application!